The following Houston-area hospitals and clinics are closing or relocating services due to the ongoing threat of Hurricane Laura. This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
10 a.m. Aug. 26
Harris Health System
Harris Health is closing all outpatient healthcare facilities at noon on Wednesday through Thursday. Patients will be contacted to reschedule appointments.
The facilities include the following: Acres Home Health Center, Aldine Health Center, Ambulatory Surgical Center at LBJ, Baytown Health Center, Ben Taub Tower, Casa de Amigos Health Center, Cypress Health Center, Danny Jackson Health Center, El Franco Lee Health Center, Gulfgate Health Center, Harris Health Dental Center, Martin Luther King Jr. Health Center, Margo Hilliard Alford Clinic, Monroe Clinic, Northwest Health Center, Pediatric & Adolescent Health Center–Bear Creek, Pediatric and Adolescent Health Center–C.E. Odom, Pediatric and Adolescent Health Center–Pasadena, Quentin Mease Building, Riverside Dialysis Center, Robindell Clinic, Sareen Clinic at India House, Settegast Health Center, Smith Clinic, Squatty Lyons Health Center, Strawberry Health Center, Sunset Heights Clinic, Thomas Street Health Center and Vallbona Health Center – Harris Health System
Memorial Hermann has temporarily postponed all elective, non-urgent surgeries and procedures beginning the afternoon of Wednesday through the end of day Thursday. Memorial Hermann tentatively plans to resume these procedures at all facilities on Friday. Several Memorial Hermann outpatient facilities will close this week and are expected to reopen on Friday.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center’s League City location will be closed Wednesday through Friday. All other MD Anderson locations (Texas Medical Center, Bellaire, Memorial City, Sugar Land, The Woodlands and West Houston) will close at 3 p.m. on Wednesday and be closed through Thursday.
Outpatient clinic appointments and elective surgeries set for Thursday will be rescheduled. Texas Children’s Specialty Care Clear Lake and Texas Children’s Specialty Care Kingwood will be closed on Wednesday. Both locations for The Centers for Children and Women will close beginning at 5 p.m. on Wednesday and remain closed on Thursday.
Many of the hospital system’s appointments scheduled for Wednesday will be converted to a video visit or rescheduled. See below for the hospital system’s full plans:
- Texas Children’s Hospital’s Medical Center Campus: All outpatient clinic appointments scheduled for Wednesday, Aug. 26 in Mark A. Wallace Tower will be converted to a video visit or rescheduled. All surgical cases and all other outpatient appointments at Legacy Tower will proceed as scheduled Wednesday.
- Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women: All surgical cases and outpatient appointments at the Pavilion for Women will proceed as scheduled Wednesday.
- Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus: All outpatient clinic appointments scheduled for Wednesday, Aug. 26 at Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus will be converted to a video visit or rescheduled. All surgical cases at West Campus will proceed as scheduled Wednesday.
- Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands Campus: All surgical cases and all other outpatient appointments at The Woodlands will proceed as scheduled Wednesday.
- Texas Children’s Pediatrics/Urgent Care locations: Determined on a case-by-case basis
- Texas Children’s Specialty Care locations: Determined on a case-by-case basis
Find continuing coverage of Hurricane Laura here on Chron.com.