Photo: @BBQBryan On Twitter
Image 1 3
If there’s one thing you can expect from Texans, even in the midst of double hurricanes, it’s memes and gifs.
Yes, we know two separate hurricanes touching down at the same time is a crazy (and rare) occurrence. Yes, we’re abiding by safety and preparation guidelines from statewide and national officials. But what’s wrong with having a little fun too?
Chron.com has rounded up some of the funniest social media reactions we’ve seen ahead of Hurricane Laura and Hurricane Marco. Enjoy!
1. I haven’t been a Texan long, but I do remember seeing news about how Joel Osteen reacted during Hurricane Harvey. Many Texans (specifically Houstonians) are still not happy with him because of it.
“Hurricane Laura could take a turn west directly towards Houston.”
Joel Osteen: pic.twitter.com/MpXmHTmWbu
— kyle (@JustSchmitten) August 25, 2020
2. Who is ‘somebody’? Houstonians just want to talk!
Somebody: “At least we don’t have two hurricanes at the same time, same place.”
Texas: “Hold my beer!”#TEXASSTRONG #houstonweather #2020Challenge pic.twitter.com/uPdONQVeXh
— Debbie Dickerson (@DebbieD_TRTG) August 23, 2020
3. Have you ever seen a hurricane cha cha? (This is one of my personal faves!)
##Huracan ##hurricanelaura ##hurricane ##houston ##tx ##fyp ##huracanlaura
♬ Originalton – itsofficialmarco
4. Imagine calling your boss because your car is going underwater and he tells you “it’s fine, just come in later.” Only in Texas!
Work finna be like.., ##greenscreen ##texasweather ##hurricanelaura ##tx ##onlyintexas ##houston ##galveston ##htown ##GreenScreenTile ##worklife
♬ original sound – tiktokant713
5. We know, we’re preparing for a massive hurricane. But don’t forget your mask, folks!
This is funny… I don’t care who you are 🤣🤣#Covid #HurricaneLaura #jokes pic.twitter.com/SLI58xohYD
— Christopher R. Narayanan (@ExWallStCowboy) August 26, 2020
6. Apparently, brisket is essential in Texas. Who knew?
In Texas, brisket is considered part of hurricane preparedness supplies. pic.twitter.com/sV1TLG8ywZ
— Bryan (@BBQBryan) August 22, 2020
7. Are you really hurricane-ready if you haven’t replenished your beer supply? Scratch that, are you really a TEXAN if you don’t replenish your beer supply in the midst of a potentially massive hurricane?
Just picked up my Hurricane Preparedness Kit pic.twitter.com/vvbA61yvbi
— cory 📸 (@coryhtx) August 25, 2020
8. It’s not a severe weather situation if Weather Channel’s Jim Cantore doesn’t pop up in a meme or two!
#SorryNotSorry for another hurricane meme. #Laura #Marco pic.twitter.com/31yHahlLGp
— 🇺🇸💜 A m a n d a 💜🇺🇸 (@FenwickAmanda) August 22, 2020
9. Southeast Texans, is this true?
Southeast Texans: Man do you know how many of these things we’ve lived through..
News: Laura will now make landfall as potentially a major category 4 hurricane
Southeast Texans: pic.twitter.com/R5tJLIV8lU
— Jimmy Chitwood15 (@ChaseHidalgo) August 26, 2020
Find preparation tips, alerts to follow and more storm news in Chron.com’s Hurricane Guide.